Miss Stephanie
...like hearing the sound of her voice.

I just got off the phone with Sharon. She sounds strange, and scratchy, but alert. We didn't get to talk for a long time, but we did get to talk. These days, I'll take my blessings where I can get them.

This whole ordeal has been pretty traumatic for her. I found out she got bit by a snake in the middle of all this. They didn't know it had happened and were treating her for the seizures while the venom was working on her system. She lost about a week to the coma, so she's feeling disoriented. On top of that, the other girl in Sharon's room (they were both on the ventilator) died from complications just three days after Sharon was awake again. She told me that they were some comfort to one another in those few days.

She's feeling "dried up" from being in bed and intubated for so long. She's weary from everything that she's been through. Even so, being able to talk to one another was amazing. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. Time will tell if there are going to be any lasting negative effects from all that's happened, but for now, she's alive, she's improving, and I could hear the smile in her voice when she answered the phone and realized it was me calling.

I am thankful.
0 Responses

Post a Comment